Every car owner needs to understand the process of towing in order to be prepared to any kind of troubles while driving. For example, if you want to tow a truck but you don’t know how to do so and the driver who volunteers to help you does not know how to do it as well, then you are in a big trouble. This guide will tell you how to prepare your vehicle for towing so if you want to tow a truck, you will be able to do so now. Let’s discover this towing guide.
1. Understand Your Towing Options:
The following points will help you understand your towing options.
• You need to choose a towing option for your situation between the three basic options.
• The three options are the usage of a trailer, the usage of a dolly, or the usage a tow bar.
• There is another option but it is not for emergency situations; the usage of a strap, rope, or a chain. This is used to pull your vehicle to the shop. For example, if you want to tow a truck to the shop but the shop is just few blocks to go, don’t use this method to tow a truck. It is not safe.
• Note that you need to let the towed car handle the loads of the brake. You also need to make sure to avoid any letting of the rope, strap or chain. Also, keep your hazard lights on.
2. The usage for a trailer for towing:
This will tell you how to use a trailer for towing. Let’s imagine that you need to tow a truck, what do you need to know about trailers?
• It is the first option because it is the least difficult.
• It allows you to raise the four wheels of the towed vehicle off the ground.
• Trailers are expensive but you can find trailers for rent at your local moving van service.
• In order to use a trailer, Drive your car onto the trailer or push it if it is broken down.
• You need to lock your vehicle down. Use strong nets and place them over the front wheels. Also use chains to ratchet your rear axle down.
It may not be the best option to tow a truck.
3. The usage of tow dolly:
This will tell you how to use a tow dolly for towing. Let’s imagine that you need to tow a truck, what do you need to know about tow dollies?
• The usage of a tow dolly will get the front wheels up off the ground. The rear wheels will roll to move the vehicle.
• You need to lock your vehicle down. Use strong nets and place them over the front wheels. Also use chains to ratchet your rear axle down. You need to use the chains little tighter than you think.
• If you are going for long distance travel, disconnect the drive shaft.
4. The usage of a tow bar:
This will tell you how to use a tow bar for towing. Let’s imagine that you need to tow a truck, what do you need to know about tow bars?
• It is the most common way and it is the chosen for long distance travels.
•It is cheap to buy and easy to use.
• All the wheels will be left on the ground.
Auto body shops always give their customer some tips in order to make them able to keep the integrity of their vehicles for a long time. One of the components that auto body shops give pieces of advice about is the seats of the vehicles. A tear, a hole or crack in the leather seat of the vehicle will make it look bad. Some people think that they need new upholstery as these damages can’t be fixed.
Of course the best solution is to take your vehicle to an auto body repair shop and let it deal with your damages but what if you don’t have enough money? Now, it is the time for the tips. Auto body shops offer many tips on how to fix and maintain the leather car seats. These tips are approved and reviewed by experts in the field so they are safe to apply.
1. How to fix tears?
Follow the following steps to fix any tears.
• Choose the best repair kit. The color should match the leather color. The best repair kit is the one that is made by the manufacturer of your car. If not, compare the different kits until you find the best one.
• Clean the seat with mild soap and a damp rag. Scrub gently to remove crumbs, dust, dirt, and grime. Dry it out or let it to dry for a while.
• If there are any ragged edges around the tear, trim them. Use scissors to trim any edges of the tear that curl outward or any threads that hang from the tears.
• Put a piece of backing cloth inside the tear; slide it under the tear then glue. Leave the glue to dry out and watch out that the glue must be around the edges only.
2. How to apply a patch?
The following steps are recommended by auto body shops to apply patches over any kind of damage that you have.
• Choose a perfect patch; the one that matches your seat. The leather that you will choose to patch your seat with must be an exact match.
• The best options are an extra swatch of leather that sometimes came with the car or a piece of the upholstery from under the seat close to the frame.
• If the previous options will not work, choose another piece of leather that has the same texture, dye it to match your seat and use it.
• Make the patch fit the damaged area by cutting it. Use sharp scissors to cut the patch and make it larger than the damaged area.
• Wax the patch to the damaged area and try to hide the wax from being seen.
3. Refinishing the seat with liquid leather:
Choose liquid leather that matches the leather. You can buy it online or from a store and you may find the manufacturing company of the vehicle selling ones that matches your vehicle. Clean the seat then apply the liquid leather to the tear or the crack with a sponge, let it to work and dry.
These auto body tips can help extend the life of your vehicle
Towing is among the best businesses to start if you want to make good money from a service that can grow very fast if you are great at it. People will rely on your towing company to get them out of tough situations when they cannot move their vehicle anywhere. If you will be the owner of a towing company, perhaps you should be ready to deal with a serious commitment of time and money. You need to be prepared before starting your towing service so you should spend some time planning for your business in order to find the best way to let people know about your towing company. In order to make money, you need to invest money in your towing company first. You will also need to pay for licensing to run your business legally. Let’s see how to plan for a towing service properly.
1. The Business Plan:
The best business plan should include the following points.
• It should include the types of towing services that your towing company will offer.
• Some of the essential types that your towing company should offer are post-accidents towing, illegal parking, and breakdowns.
• The plan should include how you are going to operate your business. This includes how you are going to fund your business, where you are going to start your towing company and when you are going to open it for work.
• The plan must include marketing plans. You need to consider a budget for the marketing campaign and for hiring a marketing agency that know exactly how to handle the business of a towing service.
• You may also need expansion plans. This is a long-term plan that you should consider to be determined to make your business great.
2. The Tow Trucks:
It is a towing business so it is essentially based on tow trucks that you should purchase. You can start your business with one tow truck but of course eventually you will need additional trucks to expand your business. There are many kinds of tow trucks that you can buy.
• Hook and chain tow trucks are commonly used but they are considered damaging to the towed vehicles.
• Flat-bed two trucks are less common but they are less damaging to the vehicles too. They also can tow large vehicles that can’t be towed with hook and chain tow trucks.
• Wheel-lift tow trucks are less common too and some experts see it as the best for any towing company.
Contact the department of licensing and inspection at your area and apply for a license. You should also have a special license or a permission to run a tow truck company; it is required in some areas. You can call the state’s office for further information about the things that are needed and how to apply.
Also, have an insurance policy for your towing company. Auto insurance and liability insurance policies are essential for your business to cover any kind of damages that may happen by your company.
A roadside assistance service needs you to be available at any time and under any circumstances. Many services are done by roadside assistance. It is one of the most essential services that we created for emergencies. In order to be AAA towing and roadside assistance company, you will need to read this well and make sure to fulfill all its points.
Notice that roadside assistance market is already crowded with AAA towing and roadside assistance companies so your roadside assistance company needs to be AAA towing company in order to be able to compete in such market. Let’s discover the most important points that will help you start your roadside assistance business properly.
1. The Equipment:
The following equipment is necessary for any AAA towing and roadside assistance business.
• Cell Phone.
• Tow truck.
• Gas can.
• Locksmith tools.
• Flat tire repair tools.
• Jumper cables.
Of course you will need to know how to use every single thing properly. Hire agents who are have enough experience to deal with any kind of problems too.
Consider the following points when you are about to estimate your fees.
• Apply for an online merchant account.
• Purchase a credit card machine.
• Determine fees for each type of service that you offer.
• You may need to add a surcharge on late night services.
3. The coverage area:
You need to determine you coverage area. You can determine it by different ways like doing it with a time frame. The best towing service should reach the customer within 30 minutes.
4. Check both your local police department and your competitors:
• you need to check your local police department to collect all the information that you need about your coverage area. Sometimes there are some restrictions on performing any kind of businesses in certain areas. You will also need to report if there is an accident that you are about to go to it to the police department so make sure to have the number of your local police department.
• Check your competitors in the market. Check their services, their prices, their experience, their coverage areas and their marketing campaigns. Try your best to be better than them by lowering your prices and improving the quality of your services.
In order to be an AAA towing and roadside business, you need to market your business well. Hire an experienced marketing company that understands your customers and have done similar business before and tell them what you need. The best marketing campaign will be in yellow pages, online and on the road especially on roads that may be the place of problems for drivers.
You should include your phone number in the advertising and it is better if it is an easy number to remember. Also, focus on the local radio and the local newspapers as they will reach every driver in your coverage area easily.
This guide is kind of comprehensive. Keep searching for more information and know everything about how to start your roadside business before starting it in order to start properly.
Auto repair shops give their customer many tips on how to repair their vehicles if they have no money or if the prices of the services are so high. Let’s discover some of these tips that should be given by every auto repair shop to its customers.
1. The engine:
The following points are essential to be able to repair your engine.
• Once the engine or your service engine light on, check it.
• Remove the gas cap then re-tighten it again before spending a large amount of money as a loose seal on the gas cap can be the problem as it may cause an evaporation code in the ECM or the ECU of the vehicle.
• ECU is the Engine Control Unit. It is also called the ECM which means Engine Control Module. These abbreviations are mentioned in any guide so know them well to be able to understand what they mean while checking your engine.
• Today’s ECU is very sensitive as they are able to monitor all kinds of data through the sensors of the engine. They also can make a lot of changes according to these data. Try to check it regularly.
2. Reset the ECM or PCM of the vehicle:
The following steps will show you how to reset the ECM or PCM of the vehicle.
• Loosen the battery’s negative terminal for about 3 or 4 minutes.
• Reconnect the term of the battery.
• If the problem is not serious, this will be enough to reset the vehicle’s ECM or PCM.
• If the problem is serious, you will need to check the light of the engine or service engine.
• If the light stayed off, then there are no other problems but if the light came back on then you have a serious problem.
• The most common problem now is a clogged valve.
• You should also reset your ECM or ECU after installing new parts to learn how to deal with them or they will not perform well.
• Open the engine fuse box and remove the ECM or the ECU fuse.
3. General Tips:
The following tips will help you through the whole auto repair things and they are recommended by the best auto repair shops.
• There is the normal operating temperature that you should make sure that your vehicle is warmed up to it. The place of the fuse box is usually on the passenger side next to the battery. Leave the fuses out for some minutes; this will allow the old data to be removed then plug the fuse again in its place. Make sure that each fuse is in its place.
• Replace the fuse box after removal of the fuses.
• When you start your car to warm up, leave it for about 10 minutes and be careful not to hit the gas pedal during this time. The 10-minutes period will allow your ECU to make new data.
• At the 10-minutes period, reset the radio and the clock data.
These tips will help you save some money but generally if the problem is serious, the best solution is to go for an auto repair shop and get your vehicle repaired.
You may have suffered from a situation when you needed to know everything about towing your vehicle. We all have suffered from getting stuck in a place without the ability to get the vehicle going to reach a mechanic’s shop or a place where you can make some repairs on the vehicle. Imagine that you need to tow a truck without the proper knowledge of how to do so. Have you imagined how tough it can be? Now follow the following steps to know exactly how to tow a truck or any kinds of vehicles.
In order to be able to tow a truck or any kind of vehicles, you need to follow the following preparations first.
• You need to find someone who is ready to tow your vehicle; you may need to pay him/her an amount of money to agree especially if you are on the road. Find a vehicle that can tow a truck easily; this means that the towing vehicle must be so powerful. That is why sedan and small vehicles will not be able to tow a truck, a SUV or any kind of large pickup.
• You need to buy a suitable tow strap. It is the best option especially these nylon or polyester straps that have manufactured end loops.
• Chains and links are kind of dangerous. Chains can be used if you are going to tow your vehicle for a short distance and links may break.
2. The Process of towing:
Now we are going to tow a truck or any kind of vehicles. Here are steps to follow for doing towing properly.
• Find the best place to attach the tow strap. When car companies manufactured suspension components, they were not meant to pull pressure so hooking the vehicle is kind of dangerous. Metal components may have your strap cut so the best thing is to find a rounded frame or some kind of front bumper support along with the strap.
• Make sure to check steering, warning lights and the brakes of the vehicle and be sure that they are functioning.
• If the engine is not working, then the dolly is the best option you have.
• Inspect your towing connections. Discuss the signals with the driver of the towing vehicle.
• Choose a road that is not crowded and plan the route with the driver.
3. General Tips:
The following tips should be followed especially if you are about to tow a truck or any kind of heavy vehicles.
• The vehicle should be put in neutral before starting towing. Disengaging the parking brake is important too.
• The foot brake should be hold until the towing vehicle start working.
• Make the other drivers on the road know that your vehicle is towed by putting a spotter flag on the vehicle.
• Use the brake slightly if the towing vehicle slowed down.
• Use the lights well to notify the other drivers on the road that your vehicle is being towed. It is important to be aware of the road in order to avoid any kind of surprises.
When our vehicles go wrong on the road, we usually can call an affordable 24 hour towing service or ask someone to help us on the road but what if things went wrong on an isolated area with nobody to help you at the middle of the night? Imagine situations like getting stuck in the middle of nowhere at night while it is snowing, it is like a horror movie. Accidents happen out of sudden too.
You may suffer from an engine that stops working; a tire that becomes flattened; gas that run out at the middle of the road or a collision happens. All these kinds of accidents are possible; that is why we created 24 hour towing services. Also, 24 hours towing services may be kind of expensive so you need to search for affordable towing. Let’s see how 24 hour towing services works.
1. How 24 hour towing service can help you?
24 hour towing services usually serve a certain area. When a 24 hour towing business stays in the market for few years, its owners understand the prices that they can offer to make their services called affordable towing services. The experienced working agents of the local 24 hour towing services know how the best roads and the best ways to get the vehicles to work again as they have done work on many vehicles in different situations. Look for a 24 hour towing service that offers both affordable towing and experience.
The following list includes most of the services offered by most of the 24 hour towing service.
• Emergency towing, Flatbed towing and Motorcycle towing
• Tow by dolly
• Light, medium or heavy duty towing.
• Local and long distance towing.
• Flat tire change.
• Car lockout solutions.
• Gas filling, Dead batteries and Battery jumpstart.
2. The reasons that you should have to choose a certain 24 hour towing service:
When you are about to choose a 24 towing service, you need to look for certain criteria.
• It should be the best 24 towing service in your area.
• It should be available at any time as car problems may happen at any time.
• It should be able to work under any weather conditions or any kind of circumstances.
• It should arrive at your place in less than 30 minutes.
• Its agents should be trusted, licensed and insured.
• The agents should be experienced and skillful too.
• Affordable towing services. Some companies hide some extra charges so you need to make sure that you will receive affordable towing. If you suspected that the price is high, ask the owner of the 24 hour towing service to explain everything.
It is difficult to find a 24 towing service when you are in the middle of nowhere so you need to have the number of a reliable towing service in case something wrong happened. It is a very difficult situation to go through to get stuck because you have a flat tire so imagine if towing services don’t exist. Search for the best service that offers affordable towing.
You may think that you will never need a roadside assistance service but sorry, you are wrong. Accidents happen out of sudden; and by accidents I don’t mean big accidents as a flat tire may consider as an accident too. Roadside assistance companies will offer you many services that will help you go through any kind of rough situation. Of course, you need to choose an AAA towing and roadside assistance service that is capable of getting you through rough situation without charging you a lot of money.
These AAA towing and roadside assistance companies have experienced agents that are able to get your vehicle on the road again or at least dragging it to an auto repair shop to get it fixed. Let’s see some of the services offered by AAA towing and roadside assistance companies.
1. Jump Starts and Flat Tires:
• Jump Starts:
In winter, many batteries can’t get cars started. The best AAA towing and roadside assistance companies know that every second you wait for roadside assistance is another second that you aren’t on your way, so they offer quick dispatching in order to help you get the battery working. The drivers of the roadside assistance will provide a jump and the necessary cables whatever the kind of vehicle that you have.
• Flat Tires:
The worst thing that may happen to anyone. Having a reliable and quick response by an AAA towing and roadside assistance company will relive you again. They will get your flat tire off your vehicle and attach the spare. Of course, AAA towing services are offered if you have more than one flat tire that need to be changed.
2. Gas filling:
It happens a lot when people forget to fill their tanks with gas. Roadside assistance can get you the amount of gas that you need. It is better to order the amount of gas that will get you to your home or the nearby gas station as the price of the service may be determined according to the amount of gas that you will order.
3. Towing Services:
The following points are important and you should consider when you ask for towing services from roadside assistance company.
• Ask for the price of the mile. AAA towing service will be affordable but some companies ask for a large amount of money.
• Make sure that the service will be provided with the best way in order not to harm your vehicle while towing it.
• Make sure that the towing service is licensed and that the towing company has an insurance to cover the damages if any damages happened while towing your vehicle.
• All the previous points require you to search for the best AAA towing company or the best roadside assistance company that offer towing.
Of course the availability and the response of the service should be outstanding. The best way to find the best services is through recommendations. Ask friends and family members who have suffered from similar bad experiences for recommendations of the best services in your local area.
Auto body shops are the best place to get your vehicle fixed without the concern that they may not be repaired well. Auto body shop owners and workers will tell you a lot of tips to keep your vehicle at its best shape. Yet, these tips vary according to the auto body shop.
Here we will gather the most common tips that you should follow in order to extend the life of your vehicle. It is not that easy to keep your vehicle at its best shape for a long time so these tips will save you a lot of money. The best auto body shop is the one that tells its customers the following tips so you need to make sure that you al with the best auto body shop. Let’s discover these tips.
1. The vehicle manual, maintenance and the driving routine:
• The best auto body shop will tell you to read the car’s manual.
• You need to schedule maintenance according to the vehicle manual. Try to follow the recommended maintenance in order to avoid paying a large amount of money on things like drive train, suspension, cooling system and other components.
• When you follow the recommended schedule of maintenance, you will be able to get the whole manufacturer’s warranty.
• Drive less; if you regularly go on short journeys, go without your vehicle.
• Short journeys affect your vehicle badly as they will shorten the life span many parts of your vehicle.
• Cold starts will be so tough on your engine, gas mileage and of course they harm the environment. Imagine that you will start your vehicle just to pull it to the garage; you will harm the vehicle badly.
2. Check the fluids regularly:
Follow the following points in order to be able to check your fluids regularly.
• The levels of anti-freeze, oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid should be checked on regular basis; the perfect time is when you are refuelling your vehicle.
• If your vehicle does not leak any fluids, still check it regularly. Check the colour of these fluids too.
• Anti-freeze fluids have three colours which are pink, green or yellow according to your type of vehicle so if the colour changed, it should be replaced. Never mix different kinds of anti-freeze fluids together as you will harm your vehicle badly.
• Transmission fluid is usually bright red so if the colour is different, change it.
3. The oil:
You need to change the oil regularly in order to improve your gas mileage and keep your engine protected. Change the oil after driving for 6000 kilometres or every 4 months. The recommended duration varies according to the type of oil that you use and the driving routine; the vehicle manual will have the exact recommended duration.
Also, change the oil filter when you change the oil. Putting clean oil through old, dirty filter is meaningless.
These are only three tips but they are the most common so keep them in your consideration and drive safely.
Have you suffered from a situation where you needed a 24 hour towing service to rescue you and your vehicle? If you did not experience this situation, let me tell you that it is one of the worst situations that you may experience. If you find a 24 hour towing service to rescue you from this situation, you may have suffered from lack of affordable towing services.
Affordable towing is not easy to find. 24 hour towing experts say that there are some tips that you need to follow in order to make it affordable towing by doing some of the things that towing agents do. 24 hour towing services that offer affordable towing recommend you to do the following if you suffered from a situation where you need a 24 hour towing service badly. Let’s discover the tips.
1. Regarding the road:
When you experience a tough situation and you are going to wait until your 24 hour towing service comes over, you have to do the following tips.
• Get off the road. Drive safely and quickly away from the flow of traffic.
• There are a lot of places that you can keep your vehicle at such as a wide shoulder, emergency lane, rest stop, exit, or parking lot.
• move towards the furthest right lane or shoulder even if your tire or wheel will be completely damaged. Never stop in traffic.
• Tell the people that there is something wrong with your vehicle. Put the hazard button on and people will know that something is wrong with your vehicle. Some people may offer to help you too.
• Don’t leave your vehicle until you get out of the traffic even if people behind you kept screaming at you.
2. Exit your vehicle safely and increase your visibility:
• Get out of your vehicle only when it is safe. Don’t get out on the same side of the traffic as it is extremely dangerous even if it seems safe. Move to the seat of the passenger and get out as if you are in a taxi.
• After getting out, try to figure out what is wrong with your vehicle to help the 24 hour towing service agents and to decrease the fee by making it affordable towing.
• Increase your visibility by marking your place with flares or triangles or raise the vehicle’s hood.
3. Call 24 hour towing service:
For cases of emergency like these, you have to have the number of a reliable, affordable towing service. If you don’t have one, start your search.
4. Stay within your car:
After checking your vehicle out and calling for towing service, stay within your vehicle. If you left, the towing service may arrive or the police may come over to ask you what is wrong. This will keep both you and your vehicle safe.
5. Keep some supplies in the car:
Keep a blanket, some food, first aid kit and other emergency things that you may need. Also have some simple repair tools in case the damage is simple.