Auto repair shops give their customer many tips on how to repair their vehicles if they have no money or if the prices of the services are so high. Let’s discover some of these tips that should be given by every auto repair shop to its customers.
1. The engine:
The following points are essential to be able to repair your engine.
• Once the engine or your service engine light on, check it.
• Remove the gas cap then re-tighten it again before spending a large amount of money as a loose seal on the gas cap can be the problem as it may cause an evaporation code in the ECM or the ECU of the vehicle.
• ECU is the Engine Control Unit. It is also called the ECM which means Engine Control Module. These abbreviations are mentioned in any guide so know them well to be able to understand what they mean while checking your engine.
• Today’s ECU is very sensitive as they are able to monitor all kinds of data through the sensors of the engine. They also can make a lot of changes according to these data. Try to check it regularly.
2. Reset the ECM or PCM of the vehicle:
The following steps will show you how to reset the ECM or PCM of the vehicle.
• Loosen the battery’s negative terminal for about 3 or 4 minutes.
• Reconnect the term of the battery.
• If the problem is not serious, this will be enough to reset the vehicle’s ECM or PCM.
• If the problem is serious, you will need to check the light of the engine or service engine.
• If the light stayed off, then there are no other problems but if the light came back on then you have a serious problem.
• The most common problem now is a clogged valve.
• You should also reset your ECM or ECU after installing new parts to learn how to deal with them or they will not perform well.
• Open the engine fuse box and remove the ECM or the ECU fuse.
3. General Tips:
The following tips will help you through the whole auto repair things and they are recommended by the best auto repair shops.
• There is the normal operating temperature that you should make sure that your vehicle is warmed up to it. The place of the fuse box is usually on the passenger side next to the battery. Leave the fuses out for some minutes; this will allow the old data to be removed then plug the fuse again in its place. Make sure that each fuse is in its place.
• Replace the fuse box after removal of the fuses.
• When you start your car to warm up, leave it for about 10 minutes and be careful not to hit the gas pedal during this time. The 10-minutes period will allow your ECU to make new data.
• At the 10-minutes period, reset the radio and the clock data.
These tips will help you save some money but generally if the problem is serious, the best solution is to go for an auto repair shop and get your vehicle repaired.