Auto body shops are the best place to get your vehicle fixed without the concern that they may not be repaired well. Auto body shop owners and workers will tell you a lot of tips to keep your vehicle at its best shape. Yet, these tips vary according to the auto body shop.
Here we will gather the most common tips that you should follow in order to extend the life of your vehicle. It is not that easy to keep your vehicle at its best shape for a long time so these tips will save you a lot of money. The best auto body shop is the one that tells its customers the following tips so you need to make sure that you al with the best auto body shop. Let’s discover these tips.
1. The vehicle manual, maintenance and the driving routine:
• The best auto body shop will tell you to read the car’s manual.
• You need to schedule maintenance according to the vehicle manual. Try to follow the recommended maintenance in order to avoid paying a large amount of money on things like drive train, suspension, cooling system and other components.
• When you follow the recommended schedule of maintenance, you will be able to get the whole manufacturer’s warranty.
• Drive less; if you regularly go on short journeys, go without your vehicle.
• Short journeys affect your vehicle badly as they will shorten the life span many parts of your vehicle.
• Cold starts will be so tough on your engine, gas mileage and of course they harm the environment. Imagine that you will start your vehicle just to pull it to the garage; you will harm the vehicle badly.
2. Check the fluids regularly:
Follow the following points in order to be able to check your fluids regularly.
• The levels of anti-freeze, oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, and brake fluid should be checked on regular basis; the perfect time is when you are refuelling your vehicle.
• If your vehicle does not leak any fluids, still check it regularly. Check the colour of these fluids too.
• Anti-freeze fluids have three colours which are pink, green or yellow according to your type of vehicle so if the colour changed, it should be replaced. Never mix different kinds of anti-freeze fluids together as you will harm your vehicle badly.
• Transmission fluid is usually bright red so if the colour is different, change it.
3. The oil:
You need to change the oil regularly in order to improve your gas mileage and keep your engine protected. Change the oil after driving for 6000 kilometres or every 4 months. The recommended duration varies according to the type of oil that you use and the driving routine; the vehicle manual will have the exact recommended duration.
Also, change the oil filter when you change the oil. Putting clean oil through old, dirty filter is meaningless.
These are only three tips but they are the most common so keep them in your consideration and drive safely.