You may have suffered from a situation when you needed to know everything about towing your vehicle. We all have suffered from getting stuck in a place without the ability to get the vehicle going to reach a mechanic’s shop or a place where you can make some repairs on the vehicle. Imagine that you need to tow a truck without the proper knowledge of how to do so. Have you imagined how tough it can be? Now follow the following steps to know exactly how to tow a truck or any kinds of vehicles.
In order to be able to tow a truck or any kind of vehicles, you need to follow the following preparations first.
• You need to find someone who is ready to tow your vehicle; you may need to pay him/her an amount of money to agree especially if you are on the road. Find a vehicle that can tow a truck easily; this means that the towing vehicle must be so powerful. That is why sedan and small vehicles will not be able to tow a truck, a SUV or any kind of large pickup.
• You need to buy a suitable tow strap. It is the best option especially these nylon or polyester straps that have manufactured end loops.
• Chains and links are kind of dangerous. Chains can be used if you are going to tow your vehicle for a short distance and links may break.
2. The Process of towing:
Now we are going to tow a truck or any kind of vehicles. Here are steps to follow for doing towing properly.
• Find the best place to attach the tow strap. When car companies manufactured suspension components, they were not meant to pull pressure so hooking the vehicle is kind of dangerous. Metal components may have your strap cut so the best thing is to find a rounded frame or some kind of front bumper support along with the strap.
• Make sure to check steering, warning lights and the brakes of the vehicle and be sure that they are functioning.
• If the engine is not working, then the dolly is the best option you have.
• Inspect your towing connections. Discuss the signals with the driver of the towing vehicle.
• Choose a road that is not crowded and plan the route with the driver.
3. General Tips:
The following tips should be followed especially if you are about to tow a truck or any kind of heavy vehicles.
• The vehicle should be put in neutral before starting towing. Disengaging the parking brake is important too.
• The foot brake should be hold until the towing vehicle start working.
• Make the other drivers on the road know that your vehicle is towed by putting a spotter flag on the vehicle.
• Use the brake slightly if the towing vehicle slowed down.
• Use the lights well to notify the other drivers on the road that your vehicle is being towed. It is important to be aware of the road in order to avoid any kind of surprises.
When our vehicles go wrong on the road, we usually can call an affordable 24 hour towing service or ask someone to help us on the road but what if things went wrong on an isolated area with nobody to help you at the middle of the night? Imagine situations like getting stuck in the middle of nowhere at night while it is snowing, it is like a horror movie. Accidents happen out of sudden too.
You may suffer from an engine that stops working; a tire that becomes flattened; gas that run out at the middle of the road or a collision happens. All these kinds of accidents are possible; that is why we created 24 hour towing services. Also, 24 hours towing services may be kind of expensive so you need to search for affordable towing. Let’s see how 24 hour towing services works.
1. How 24 hour towing service can help you?
24 hour towing services usually serve a certain area. When a 24 hour towing business stays in the market for few years, its owners understand the prices that they can offer to make their services called affordable towing services. The experienced working agents of the local 24 hour towing services know how the best roads and the best ways to get the vehicles to work again as they have done work on many vehicles in different situations. Look for a 24 hour towing service that offers both affordable towing and experience.
The following list includes most of the services offered by most of the 24 hour towing service.
• Emergency towing, Flatbed towing and Motorcycle towing
• Tow by dolly
• Light, medium or heavy duty towing.
• Local and long distance towing.
• Flat tire change.
• Car lockout solutions.
• Gas filling, Dead batteries and Battery jumpstart.
2. The reasons that you should have to choose a certain 24 hour towing service:
When you are about to choose a 24 towing service, you need to look for certain criteria.
• It should be the best 24 towing service in your area.
• It should be available at any time as car problems may happen at any time.
• It should be able to work under any weather conditions or any kind of circumstances.
• It should arrive at your place in less than 30 minutes.
• Its agents should be trusted, licensed and insured.
• The agents should be experienced and skillful too.
• Affordable towing services. Some companies hide some extra charges so you need to make sure that you will receive affordable towing. If you suspected that the price is high, ask the owner of the 24 hour towing service to explain everything.
It is difficult to find a 24 towing service when you are in the middle of nowhere so you need to have the number of a reliable towing service in case something wrong happened. It is a very difficult situation to go through to get stuck because you have a flat tire so imagine if towing services don’t exist. Search for the best service that offers affordable towing.
You may think that you will never need a roadside assistance service but sorry, you are wrong. Accidents happen out of sudden; and by accidents I don’t mean big accidents as a flat tire may consider as an accident too. Roadside assistance companies will offer you many services that will help you go through any kind of rough situation. Of course, you need to choose an AAA towing and roadside assistance service that is capable of getting you through rough situation without charging you a lot of money.
These AAA towing and roadside assistance companies have experienced agents that are able to get your vehicle on the road again or at least dragging it to an auto repair shop to get it fixed. Let’s see some of the services offered by AAA towing and roadside assistance companies.
1. Jump Starts and Flat Tires:
• Jump Starts:
In winter, many batteries can’t get cars started. The best AAA towing and roadside assistance companies know that every second you wait for roadside assistance is another second that you aren’t on your way, so they offer quick dispatching in order to help you get the battery working. The drivers of the roadside assistance will provide a jump and the necessary cables whatever the kind of vehicle that you have.
• Flat Tires:
The worst thing that may happen to anyone. Having a reliable and quick response by an AAA towing and roadside assistance company will relive you again. They will get your flat tire off your vehicle and attach the spare. Of course, AAA towing services are offered if you have more than one flat tire that need to be changed.
2. Gas filling:
It happens a lot when people forget to fill their tanks with gas. Roadside assistance can get you the amount of gas that you need. It is better to order the amount of gas that will get you to your home or the nearby gas station as the price of the service may be determined according to the amount of gas that you will order.
3. Towing Services:
The following points are important and you should consider when you ask for towing services from roadside assistance company.
• Ask for the price of the mile. AAA towing service will be affordable but some companies ask for a large amount of money.
• Make sure that the service will be provided with the best way in order not to harm your vehicle while towing it.
• Make sure that the towing service is licensed and that the towing company has an insurance to cover the damages if any damages happened while towing your vehicle.
• All the previous points require you to search for the best AAA towing company or the best roadside assistance company that offer towing.
Of course the availability and the response of the service should be outstanding. The best way to find the best services is through recommendations. Ask friends and family members who have suffered from similar bad experiences for recommendations of the best services in your local area.
Have you suffered from a situation where you needed a 24 hour towing service to rescue you and your vehicle? If you did not experience this situation, let me tell you that it is one of the worst situations that you may experience. If you find a 24 hour towing service to rescue you from this situation, you may have suffered from lack of affordable towing services.
Affordable towing is not easy to find. 24 hour towing experts say that there are some tips that you need to follow in order to make it affordable towing by doing some of the things that towing agents do. 24 hour towing services that offer affordable towing recommend you to do the following if you suffered from a situation where you need a 24 hour towing service badly. Let’s discover the tips.
1. Regarding the road:
When you experience a tough situation and you are going to wait until your 24 hour towing service comes over, you have to do the following tips.
• Get off the road. Drive safely and quickly away from the flow of traffic.
• There are a lot of places that you can keep your vehicle at such as a wide shoulder, emergency lane, rest stop, exit, or parking lot.
• move towards the furthest right lane or shoulder even if your tire or wheel will be completely damaged. Never stop in traffic.
• Tell the people that there is something wrong with your vehicle. Put the hazard button on and people will know that something is wrong with your vehicle. Some people may offer to help you too.
• Don’t leave your vehicle until you get out of the traffic even if people behind you kept screaming at you.
2. Exit your vehicle safely and increase your visibility:
• Get out of your vehicle only when it is safe. Don’t get out on the same side of the traffic as it is extremely dangerous even if it seems safe. Move to the seat of the passenger and get out as if you are in a taxi.
• After getting out, try to figure out what is wrong with your vehicle to help the 24 hour towing service agents and to decrease the fee by making it affordable towing.
• Increase your visibility by marking your place with flares or triangles or raise the vehicle’s hood.
3. Call 24 hour towing service:
For cases of emergency like these, you have to have the number of a reliable, affordable towing service. If you don’t have one, start your search.
4. Stay within your car:
After checking your vehicle out and calling for towing service, stay within your vehicle. If you left, the towing service may arrive or the police may come over to ask you what is wrong. This will keep both you and your vehicle safe.
5. Keep some supplies in the car:
Keep a blanket, some food, first aid kit and other emergency things that you may need. Also have some simple repair tools in case the damage is simple.
If you want to open a towing service and be a hero for people who got stuck on the road, perhaps you need to know the points that we will discuss here well. The licenses, registrations and permits of the towing companies are so important to understand in order to run your business well.
Towing is essential in our lives. Vehicles break down the whole time on the road and having a trustful towing service is relieving. That is why you need to understand well how to run your business and to fulfill every possible paper work to make your customers relieved about your business. We will take about essential points that without them, this trust will never exist.
1. Business Registration:
Any kind of business must register with the state. You need to know that there are three general business structures to be considered here which are:
• A sole proprietor entity.
• A limited liability company.
• A corporation.
At this point, you need to speak with a tax advisor. Tax advisors will tell you the best structure for your personal situation in addition to the proper kind of protection that you may need. You will also need to register a name; this can be done online in some areas. Also, you will need a tax identification number that can be obtained through IRS website.
All these registrations are essential in order to be able to start your towing service.
2. Proper Driver's License Class:
The DMV department will tell you everything you need to know about class B driver’s licenses. The department has guides for people who want to start a towing service to help them go through the details easily and they are so helpful in most cases. When you are about to hire a driver for your towing company, you need to make sure of the following points.
• The driver must have the required classification.
• The driver must pass all the required drug screenings.
• The driver must maintain a clean driving record.
• The driving license must be valid. Make sure that the license is not expired or suspended.
• Some offices require fingerprinting and background checks too.
3. DMV Registration:
Many states will ask you for tow trucks registrations in order to be able to have a permit for running your towing company. Insurance policies are essential too and the DMV ask for auto insurance and general liability policies to cover any kind of damages that may result from your towing company.
If you are going to expand your business and make it run through the whole country, perhaps you should ask if any kind of further registrations have to be done with the other states that you will work within.
4. Partnership with Major Companies:
Starting a towing company can be rough especially if you don’t have enough budget of don’t quite understand how to start it properly. That is why some experts advise to partner with a major company until you understand everything. After that, you can run your towing company for towing services on your own.